-- Google Analytics START --> <-- Google Analytics END -->
notes from a small vicar
from a parish
in Liverpool, UK
Sunday, March 18, 2007Walk / not walk
1. A commission to create and then write-up a local 'pilgrimage' for Coracle;
2. An invite to join Phil on his 150 mile walk following in the footsteps of the acorn-planting engineer Charles Hurst;
3. Watching John's films of Nick Papadimitriou who I really can't like because he's one of those people who annoyingly chews as he talks, but is nevertheless a compelling psychogeographer*;
4. Enjoying Jeremy Deller's Folk Archive, a lovely photographic collection of the sort of contemporary English eccentricity which can be freely witnessed on any road;
5. Discovering This is 'Ull, that city's lively people's website, with refeshingly not a mention of (yawn) Willy Wilberforce... which makes me want to get out there soon...
Time to hold the walking. Reason:
1. Just looked out of the window. It's snowing again.
[* update, 26/3/07: Nick tells me that it was actually nicorette and necessary because of a bad asthma attack. I take it all back.]