-- Google Analytics START --> <-- Google Analytics END -->
notes from a small vicar
from a parish
in Liverpool, UK
Monday, July 11, 2005Gormley gas A few Gormley incidents on Crosby beach so far (I suspect this will become a regular feature):
- Two girls got trapped in mud up to their thighs while playing near the sculptures on Saturday;
- On Sunday two boys had to cling to one of the iron statues when the tide came in and almost swept them out to sea;
- Some joker (and it was funny) dressed one of the statues up in women's clothing the other day;
- The statues are becoming familiar to curious dogs; but you knew that already;
- When the tide retreats, revealing the statues' heads, some of them have jellyfish on them.
When I paid the first of my many visits to the statues on the beach the other day, I found them a gentle, welcome presence. I enjoyed standing shoulder-to-shoulder with one, very calmly looking out to sea, and felt myself sharing his gaze.